Finishing homework in a timely manner has always been a struggle for me. I am a world class procrastinator… if that even is a title.
I have tried the agenda, the daily planner, the post-it notes – you name it. Something in me always wants to push back homework until the day it is due.
As I have now entered my junior year, I’ve discovered a few tips to not only help me stay more timely but also allow me to space out my work. So if you are a procrastinator like me, I suggest you give these a try:
- Create a class schedule with 30 min – 1 hour blocks in between. This gives you time set aside to do homework because you probably don’t have enough time to go back and be distracted by a movie or something.
- Do big projects in the library. Once you get into your “groove” of writing the rest will come naturally and you will already be in a quiet place.
- Do homework with other people, seeing other people do homework and not other fun activities may enforce you to do your own! Power in numbers…
- Write papers in blocks. Split your paper into ideas and write 1 of the ideas every hour. This gives you time to take a break while still making sure you have enough time to write it all.
- Reward yourself! Just finish a big project? Go out to dinner, see a movie, just do something you don’t normally do in your everyday life!
What helps you get your homework done in the right amount of time?